Thursday, March 31, 2011

More news articles

So once again I am writing a blog about news articles. Yeah, this is like the third blog I've had to write about news. No offense Scooter, but it's getting lame-ish. I have a hard time focusing on one subject like a news story, so these blogs lately have sucked. I'm terribly sorry.
So I found a cute little article that was a simple little story about how a boy from california asked a girl he liked to prom. The boy wrote her a song and sang it and played it on guitar for her in front of their entire third period class. She said she was honored, flattered and gladly accepted his invitation. Someone recorded the whole thing and pretty soon it was a widely viewed video on Youtube and even made national news. I think it is a pretty cute little thing and it's funny how some simple act of chivalry can make national news like that. I was wondering why something small like that could make national news and after thinking about it i have a few ideas on why...
Well first of all, it was adorable. People like watching adorable things, like bunnies and chick-flicks. It makes them feel good. The kindness this boy has almost brings hope that they are still nice, good people in the world. We all like to watch movies or shows about nice or funny people. No one likes watching shows about jerks-unless they are funny. But yeah, nice people are great. Just great. I guess that's why this video is so popular-because it shows a kind kid and an adorable thing he did for this girl.
I bet all the other guys in his school are like, "Man, why didn't I think of that??" I would be. That guy is smooooth. He not only got the attention of the girl he wanted but also of the entire country, just for singing a little song. It was a pretty brave thing to do though. It's scary to have to sing in front of your peers, especially when you are a teenager. Dude, especially when you are a teenager singing about like.. sappy love stuff.
Public speaking is so hard. One of my teacher's told me that the main thing americans said they were scared of when polled is public speaking. I don't understand what makes it so scary but I get scared, too. I mean, I can talk to the teacher in front of the class and it's not a big deal but if I am giving a report to the class it's way hard because I always feel like I am going to mess up.
So it just makes me appreciate how brave that dude was to sing in front of everyone to this girl. If I were her I would be flipping out like "Woah! This guys crazy!" well, crazy in a good way.
It is interesting that it made such an impact on the news though. Two teenagers going to prom together made national news just because the guy asked her in a cute way. I don't know why but I find it interesting that so many people care. Like I said though, it is because people like hearing cute, happy stories. Love songs and romantic movies are popular for this reason. The happy endings make everyone feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment